It is no secret that shifts toward healthier lifestyles and increased support for sustainable food practices are driving the plant-based food movement. Our client is an innovative consumer goods company in British Columbia and they are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Associate to join their team.
The Accounts Payable Associate will play a key role on the finance team seamlessly processing incoming invoices, proactively managing expense reconciliations and fostering strong relationships with our client’s vendors. This is a dynamic, fast paced AP opportunity that interfaces with multiple stakeholders and currencies.
- Processing and coding invoices for expense reports in multiple currencies
- Preparing cheques, wires and ACH payments
- Organize and record expense reports
- Process PO and straight transaction invoices accurately and efficiently
- Communicate with purchasers, vendors and sales reps
- Maintain vendor lists with contact information and payment terms
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Filing and organization of paid invoices
- Manage a high-volume payables inbox
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up to resolve any discrepancies
- Respond to internal and external AP inquiries
- Support finance team with year end activities
- University Degree in Accounting or relevant
- 2-3 years of accounts payable experience in a similar role
- Business/Commerce degree or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in Foods, CPG, and or retail is an asset
If this opportunity has you excited do not hesitate to reach out. Looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply directly please send your resume to Sarah Farrell by using the “Apply Now” button.