Our client is a leading electric and electronic manufacturing company, which provides customers an assortment of commercial and consumer products, aerospace systems, and engineering services. They are on a mission to make a better future, by tackling new challenges and innovations around the world through advanced technology. They are looking for an Advance Field Service Engineer to join their superb team in Ottawa, ON.
This is a full-time role that will serve as the Service Specialist for the Region. The successful candidate must be eligible for CGP clearance (controlled goods program).
- Act as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the Region’s operational technologies, connected services, and software applications.
- Ensuring compliance to the centralization and standardization of operational technology, ICT and Cybersecurity implementation and services to promote and maintain more connected, operational critical solutions to customers.
- Lead alignment and standardization of the installation, upgrades and support maintenance of the operational technologies, connected services, and software applications.
- In charge of the design, implementation, and maintenance of all operational technology, enterprise applications, and connected services delivered into the service Line of Business (LOB).
- Work with peers to identify areas to improve efficiency of delivery by utilizing digital deployment tools and centralized deployment standards.
- Take ownership of site issues and work to ensure any issues with operational technologies, connected services, and software applications are identified and solved in a timely manner
- Post-Secondary education in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of operational technologies, enterprise applications (EBI, DVM, EM, OBS, Forge, Pulse, Vector etc.) and connected services
- Strong understanding of ICT and Cybersecurity principles and design and how these systems work in tandem with connected services and software applications.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of all industry standards and protocols (BACnet, Modbus, OPC, SNMP, APIs etc).
- Proven track record in a project engineering capacity involved in the design and delivery of technology-based projects.
Successful candidates must also be immunized (COVID-19 vaccination) as required by the customer and in accordance with the Public Health Act. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume in confidence directly to Micheal Villeneuve, firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the APPLY button!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.