Our client, one of the most important companies in the field of nuclear, aerospace, building automation and defense, present in more than 70 countries at the global level, is looking for an Assistant Facility Manager (AFM) to join its Hamilton team. The future AFM will be responsible to lead and motivate the team by providing facilities management and operational expertise at company’s Building Technologies. In addition, he/ she will ensure that the facility, properties and office service functions operate effectively and efficiently. As well, will provide professional services to operate, renovate and maintain building, systems and equipment while meeting the needs of the building occupants.
- Formulates, negotiates and manages the department's objectives.
- Provides support on strategies and plans the achievement of those objectives.
- Responsible for the efficient delivery of maintenance service.
- Assists in budget and financial management.
- Ensures completion and adherence to Preventive maintenance plans.
- Helps prepare for and facilitate staff meetings.
- Participates in forward planning of site operations (resourcing, contractor scheduling etc.).
- Maintains relevant site documentation.
- Oversees maintenance services.
- Contributes towards project/program management.
- Be part of the rotational on-call roster.
- Post-secondary education in a field related to Facilities Management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Facilities Management and/or Building Maintenance including supervision of trades resources.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with financial reporting for maintenance and projects.
- Site-mandated immunizations (including COVID-19).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or any other degree related to the requirements.
- Experience in commercial & public sector facilities management.
- Experience in Public Private Partnerships (P3).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to multitask.
- Familiar with legal compliance and building regulations.
- Ability to understand, interpret and comply with contracts and contractual requirements.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume by clicking the APPLY button!
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.