Our client, a major Canadian importer and distributor of consumer-packaged products, is looking for an Assistant Manager of Warehouse & Logistics in the Vaughan / Markham region. The future Assistant Manager will be responsible for managing and handling the company’s warehousing and distribution functions at its warehouse facilities, including inbound and outbound freight, adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures.
The role will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Manages company’s inbound, outbound, storage, warehouse-supplies activities, inventory related issues and budgeting.
- Collaborates with specific internal teams (order desk, sales team, merchandising team) and external partners (transportation companies, contractors etc.).
- Communicates all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintains strict control over inventory levels.
- Manges racking space requirements in order to streamline bulk/bin storage, safety and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Takes into account inventory turnover, ABC category, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
- Manages an annual labour budget or supplies cost for the warehouse.
- Develops and/or enforces corporate policies regarding environment’s security and safety.
- Manages and updates documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Supervises a team of warehouse employees and supports with hirings, delegations, trainings, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and termination.
- Manages cycle counts, QC department, LOT control, repack requests and HOLD requests.
- In charge of equipment maintenance, rentals and training requirements, including leases, repairs and contracts.
- Develops and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and performance metrics in all departments.
- Supervises facility improvements, contracts, including leases, repairs, and design.
- College or University degree, with a focus on supply chain, warehousing, transportation, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
- Minimum 5-years years of direct work experience in a warehouse management role or related field management position.
- Direct working knowledge of wholesale operations, online fulfillment and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of Ontario’s safety regulations, safety committee and WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Experience with WMS / TMS /ERP, radio frequency ID systems (RFID), bar code systems, and electronic data interchange (EDI) – a big asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Team leadership, cooperation and decision-making skills.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume by clicking the APPLY button!
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.