Our client is a is a global biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of drugs for a range of serious diseases. They are looking for an experienced, highly motivated Associate Director, Medical Affairs to add to their superb team in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Primarily support the Cystic Fibrosis franchise and additional therapeutic areas as needed
- Responsible for providing medical guidance on the development of resources to address identified medical needs
- Interface with multiple internal functions including Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), Commercial functions, Regulatory Affairs, as well as external partners and physicians in the CF community
- Have a strong commitment to achieving corporate objectives while maintaining the highest ethical, regulatory, and scientific standards.
- Support the development of the Canadian Medical Plan and execute on medical affairs tactics that are aligned with the overall medical strategy.
- Execute life cycle management plans in the region.
- Work with Key Opinion Leaders to gather information on current focused therapeutic area issues and questions.
- Conduct medical review and approval of promotional materials in Canada.
- Support internal stakeholders to implement overall launch plan for new products in the region.
- Provide medical support to Canadian reimbursement team.
- Travel may be required up to 20% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Biomedical Sciences Degree (MD/PhD/PharmD) OR pharmacists from an accredited school with equivalent experience will be considered (a scientific degree is required).
- 3-5 years of experience as a Senior MSL, and/or a Senior Manager in Medical Affairs, and/or equivalent Clinical Research in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace and ever-changing environment.
- Knowledge of clinical research and ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience in the drug development process is preferred.
- Understanding of government and industry guidelines, regulations, laws, etc., for appropriate scientific/medical exchange and communication with healthcare providers.
To apply, please submit your resume using the Apply Now button.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only the candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.