Our client, a forward-thinking law boutique in the family law area, composed of result-oriented lawyers with a culture based on pro-activity and professional integrity, is looking for an Associate Lawyer in the Great Toronto Area.
The position involves a hybrid work environment (both remote and office work).
- Understands how to best serve clients and knows how to achieve a desired resolution for them;
- Provides Legal Support:
- completes extensive case-related research into relevant laws and regulations;
- negotiates on behalf of clients, drafts and interprets contracts and legal documents;
- oversees compliance of the legal documents;
- Maintains Client Relationships:
- creates and maintains a good relationship with company’s clients;
- communicates with the clients on a regular basis;
- explains complex legal proceedings and concepts;
- Prepares Reports: keeps all stakeholders – from the senior colleagues to clients – abreast of the progress of cases by creating reports and verbal communications.
- Good Understanding of Family Law (Trials, Mediation, etc.);
- Between 3-6 years of experience in the family lay practice area;
- Professional and friendly personality;
- Open minded and open to continuous development – coachable;
- The ability to deal with higher end clients in a transparent, diplomatic and assertive manner.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to Jack Gawen at firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to include " Associate Lawyer position" as the subject of your email.