Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Associate Marketing Manager leads as the go-to product and industry expert for the Residential and Commercial Fitness, Ice Rinks and Non-Farm Commercial product portfolio, with responsibility for the end-to-end development and delivery of strategies, plans and tactics that deliver measurable sales and profitability growth in their respective product categories. With guidance from the Marketing Manager, the Associate Marketing Manager will own their portfolio and is responsible for scoping new product development and line extension opportunities, preparing the associated business cases for each, project managing new product development through a stage/gate process, preparing go-to-market strategies, commercialization, and working with agencies on digital marketing and e-commerce planning, execution, and ongoing performance improvements.
Key responsibilities include: 1) identifying, researching and testing new product concepts to better solve target customer needs, 2) assisting with the development of new products into commercial ready final products through a stage/gate process, 3) creating and activating traditional and digital storytelling and selling programs and platforms that build brand and product equity while generating demand and incremental business leads, and 4) constantly setting targets, reviewing performance metrics and optimizing programs accordingly.
The Associate Marketing Manager needs to have a strong grasp of customer-centric product development practices, be highly data-driven in evaluating and making decisions, be a clear communicator and strong collaborator, and should be capable of using and developing digital, website and social platforms to engage and monetize audiences. The successful candidate will be a positive, energetic marketer with a tenacious curiosity to understand and solve business challenges as well as customer/consumer needs. They will be detail-oriented with strong organization and follow-up skills and possess a high sense of accountability and urgency.
Data & Insights, Market Research & Voice of the Customer:
- Provides the Marketing Manager with specific category analyses and business reviews identifying issues, opportunities, and fact-based recommendations to deliver growth.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on industry and consumer trends, competitor pricing and promotional strategies and category specific data to identify opportunities and potential impacts on the business.
- Seeks, creates, identifies, and recommends new business opportunities to the Marketing Manager for line extensions, new products, roadmaps, and growth.
- Prepares well-written, well-organized, and professional documents and presentations.
Innovation, New Product Development & Introductions:
- Drives the product discovery process for small defined projects by collaborating with cross functional teams, customers, and end-users during discovery to assess value, usability, and feasibility of product features, specifying, prioritizing, and communicating high level and detailed product specifications.
- Works closely with the business to launch products and ensure their adoption; coordinating post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that acceptance testing was successful; managing the development of training materials; training and supporting users on new product features; managing close-loop feedback cycles to encompass customer and user comments and needs; and defining, tracking and improving key product metrics.
- Participates in the new product development process, supports the completion of project stage/gate deliverables, and monitors the product development calendar.
- Liaises with Engineering & Operations for product improvements and testing as required
Brand & Product Messaging, Creative Assets Development & Production:
- Determines key messaging and develops literature for the assigned products/brands, updating of marketing collaterals (literature, presentations, web content, video support) and/or other marketing materials for the segment with the guidance of the Product Marketing Manager.
- Builds a high level of product knowledge on all product lines within the assigned brands and categories and imparts that knowledge on a regular basis to internal and external customers.
E-Commerce Performance Marketing (Paid Media):
- Leads, tracks, and coordinates all activities to improve customer acquisition and revenue generation while lowering CPA with the guidance of Marketing Leadership.
Social Media Marketing:
- Leads social media strategy and objectives development for their respective portfolio including creative, messaging, planning, execution, and reporting. Coordinates with all outside agencies to implement social and performance marketing strategies.
- Leads trade show selection, experience design and participation for their respective products/brands. Drives trade show coordination with Sales and Marketing Logistics.
Website Development, Maintenance & Management:
- Analyzes performance, benchmarks best in class examples, and builds briefs for new or improved website experiences for brand websites
- Leads, tracks, and coordinates all design and UX improvements to improve conversion rates on e-commerce websites, with the guidance of Marketing Leadership.
- Leads, tracks, and coordinates all SEO improvement activities
Sales Team & Customer Support:
- Assists in the preparation of presentations for Sales meetings and Line Reviews.
Analytics & Performance Optimization:
- Provides high level analytical insights in support of the Marketing team’s initiatives on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data and feedback for actionable insights, tracking and communicating KPIs and the impact on the business.
Tools, Planning & Process Improvement:
- Assists with the completion and maintenance of Product Information Management files for standardized marketing content and customer support with the guidance of Product Marketing Manager.
- Supports the introduction of process improvements such as sku rationalization, new sku creation process management and revision management of marketing collaterals with the guidance of the Product Marketing Manager.
- Contributes to the creation and management of the annual master marketing planning calendar for trade shows, product launches, events, and marketing activations.
- University Degree.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a Product/Category Management, Marketing Management or Business Analyst role is required, preferably within a CPG, consumer durables, digital eCommerce or Commercial/B2B industry.
- Ability to use and develop digital, website and social platforms to engage and monetize audiences.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and other reporting tools to track program success.
- Solid understanding of business financials and experience reviewing P&Ls by product family/brand.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability with a robust sense of urgency.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with remote teams.
- Professional communication and written/verbal presentation skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office software.