Our client, a leading national distributor in the industrial products industry, is looking for a Bilingual IT Support Specialist – Tier 1. The IT Support Specialist, who will have as direct manager the IT Operations Team Lead, will be responsible for providing first line technical support to his or her teammates at one of company’s 270 Profit Centres across Canada and within the National Support Centre, located in Ontario. This includes remote provisioning of hardware and software for teammates, remote troubleshooting and isolation of hardware, software and network issues reported by teammates and resolution of these issues.
This position is a remote one and the future Bilingual IT Support Specialist will be located in Canada.
- Intake of end user support inquiries.
- Logging support inquiries and related activity through the support incident lifecycle.
- Day to day monitoring, tracking and coordination of service desk incidents.
- Prioritization and resolution of support inquiries per the established support service levels.
- Initial triage and management of end user hardware, software or network issues.
- Strive for first call resolution.
- Collaborating with the Tier 2 IT Support Team when issues cannot be cleared directly.
- Maintain computer end user hardware, software, mobile phones, and configurations.
- Provision and support maintenance of end user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Provision and support maintenance of mobile and VOIP phones.
- Work company’s hardware provider on procurement and provision of new end user hardware.
- Triaging issues with office equipment such as copiers, printers, fax machines.
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in compute science or information technology.
- Two (2) years experience in a customer service facing role preferably within a support center.
- Two (2) years experience supporting hardware, software and networking environments.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops/laptops/tablets, mobile phones, printers/copiers.
- Experience with supporting Windows, IoS and Android operating systems.
- Experience with desktop applications, desktop operating systems and server operating systems, including. Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Terminal Services (RDP), Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Administrator, including Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, Endpoint Manager.
- Knowledgeable in managing and supporting antivirus system.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bilingual (French and English) both oral and writing.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Eager to fully understand end user’s issues, find solutions promptly.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to Minna Johl at firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to include " Bilingual IT Support Specialist position" as the subject of your email.
We thank all the applicants, however only the selected candidates will be contacted.