Lock Search Group is pleased to present an exciting opportunity to join an industry optometry leader. Our client is looking for a Business Coach to be based in Alberta.
National Coaching Manager
Reporting to the National Coaching Manager, the Business Coach works directly with members creating a relationship based on collaborative business coaching, and provides the business expertise, retail solutions and consulting resources they need to succeed. The business coach connects with the practice owners and office managers to help identify the needs and assess possible solutions that can help practices achieve their goals. They assist in the development and delivery of the necessary tools, resources, training, and programs to help make each independent optometric practice a successful enterprise. They are also responsible for helping prospective members navigate their way through the membership process and orientation of new members.
The Business Coach is a crucial link between the membership and the organization. By utilizing the resources available, our members should significantly improve their financial well-being and ability to effectively lead and manage their practice.
- Coaching - Engages in regular, structured discussions with employees to encourage and improve individual employee performance and attain organizational objectives.
- Collaboration - Creates and fosters a work environment where ideas are shared and departments work together to achieve organizational goals.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Decision Making - Makes concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the members. Can make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
- Negotiation - Gains support of ideas, proposals, and solutions from others; reaches deals and compromises on what will work best for the organization; considers other opinions while holding strong to firm directions and goals.
- To provide business coaching and direction to our membership designed to improve the Member’s business performance and lifestyle.
- Assist Member owners to see the big picture of their business and provide Candid Feedback.
- Facilitate the development and monitoring of Member Budgets & Business Plans.
- To deliver message and programs to our membership.
- To provide a feedback loop of Member needs and concerns.
- To identify and encourage progressive like-minded practices to join our Member family – one that meets our standards and that fits our organizational culture.
- To encourage the alignment of the Members to the organization’s direction.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of each Practice structure.
- Actively promote the use of Private Label products in all offices.
- Be a team player by enhancing the skills and efficiency of other team members.
- Manage all aspects of Member Application and Start-up.
- Manage your budget within guidelines.
- Proactively improve our organizational processes.
- Assist in the development of programs.
- Assist in the delivery of training as identified by the Training Department.
- Encourage and facilitate execution following the completion of a training event.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO from time to time.
- Attend all events – liaise with members.
- Attend and provide administrative support for BIG group meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Seven years of experience in the vision industry and five years of experience in a business coaching role
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of members
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Proven ability to solve complex and unique member problems
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations
- Ability to initiate and model positive change
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Interaction with members
- Attendance and conducting of presentations
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
If you are a business coach looking for a new and exciting opportunity apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.