Our client, a global leader in digital signage software industry, is looking for a Business Development Manager. Based in the USA, the DBM will develop, implement and monitor the company's sales development strategy in Western USA in order to achieve targeted profitability. Reporting to the General Manager- North America, the person will be responsible for the continued success and growth across the territory and improve the market position.
- Prioritize the sales strategy (in-depth SWOT analysis, work on the target buyers, on the risk-mitigation plans, etc.).
- Develop trust and good relationships with the local and global stakeholders (Marketing, Customer Service Support, Finance, HR, Managing Directors).
- Do in-depth market research targeting Consulting firms, main Out-Of-Home companies, integrators and end-users prospects.
- Develop the business according to the market trends.
- Negotiate and close business deals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Define, monitor, and implement monthly, quarterly, and annual plans to grow net sales.
- Monitor of relevant market, customer, and competitor activities.
- Report frequently to the Managing Director to maintain a harmonized and efficient internal collaboration.
- Monitor cost and margin.
- Prepare forecasts, budgets, and medium-term plans.
- Provide transparency through KPIs, reports and forecasts (e.g. order intake, sales, margins, etc.)
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the current sales tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business or Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in International Sales Management/Business Development in a comparable position – required.
- Relevant professional experience in digital signage and/or in related fields – required.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and driven by winning new clients (retailers, C-level people, etc.) – required.
- Strong network in related fields.
- Experience in the application and optimisation of CRM systems
- Experience in using classic Sales control and reporting tools.
- Native English language, additional language skills, an asset
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Coaching experience, an asset.
- Strong negotiation and sales closing skills and assertiveness on factual basis.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong capability to adopt a strategic mindset and to take the helicopter view.
- Conflict Management skills.
- Available to travel frequently withing North America and occasionally to Europe.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to Pierre Lussier at firstname.lastname@example.org
, making sure to include ’’Business Development Manager, Western USA position’’ as the subject of your email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.