Our client, one of Canada's largest integrated distributors of wholesale of plumbing, HVAC, water work sand industrial products for the construction industry, is looking for a Buyer in the Vaughan, Ontario area. As Buyer you will be responsible for procuring materials for resale, for managing inventory as well as maintaining the inventory controls in the computer system and update them as required. Also, you will negotiate with vendors to obtain the best pricing, delivery and terms of purchase.
- Analyze product on hand and projected sales;
- Create vendor purchase orders to maintain product mix, optimize material in the Profit Centre and satisfy projected sales;
- Monitor vendor shipments and receipts to ensure material arrives within the prescribed parameters established; expedites customer orders when required;
- Research and resolve inventory discrepancies which may include physically locating the product;
- Perform system product file maintenance for the Profit Centre and work with Product Management Group when required for updates and changes;
- Negotiate vendor returns, special buys and local rebate programs;
- Maintain market intelligence and report pricing level changes and market conditions that may impact inventory other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager.
- College and/or University degree;
- A minimum of 1 year of purchasing or inventory control experience;
- Able to analyze sales and inventory data, and understand market trends to make informed purchasing decisions;
- Possess strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Previous experience with or knowledge of plumbing and building products sold at the Profit Centre - great asset;
- Experience working for a plumbing wholesaler- great asset;
- Experience using Trend - great asset.
If you have the above requirements and you are searching for a real development opportunity, send your resume by clicking the APPLY button!
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.