Chief Executive Officer
Eye Recommend has engaged Jay Harvey with Lock Search Group to assist in filling the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Eye Recommend is the premier optometrist cooperative with a mission to deliver sustained, annual profitability and professional coaching to its more than 580 members. Founded in 1997, Eye Recommend has developed a network of over 1,300 independent optometrists and provided them with business resources to ensure success. Leveraging its Canada wide network, this cooperative can bring the best resources, pricing, and services for their members. Eye Recommend focuses on integrity, innovation, and collaboration, to ensure their members are provided with all the resources they need to best serve their patients.
Currently, Eye Recommend has two Vice Presidents (Operations, Finance & Administration) who report directly to the Board of Directors, which consists of 12 members who are also a part of the Cooperative membership group. Eye Recommend has an operating budget of $7.5 million and is looking for a senior leader to crystallize the vision of the Board into a strategy and business plan while acting as an interface between the Board and senior management. The Chief Executive Officer will drive the strategy, operational and financial performance management, and governance of the cooperative.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to develop a clear vision and strategy for the cooperative. With the support of the senior management team, develop and lead the execution of strategic business plans, based on opportunities within the market and the competitive landscape, while leveraging the strengths of the organization.
- Ensure strategic and annual business plans are aligned to the predetermined business vision and contain measurable goals.
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors, soliciting advice while concurrently providing guidance when appropriate. Act as an effective conduit between the Board and management without hindering the ability for direct communication when necessary.
- Provide timely reports and presentations to the Board on the financial and operational performance of the cooperative.
- Recommend yearly budget and capital investment for Board approval and prudently manage organization's resources while ensuring regulatory compliance with local tax authorities.
- Be an effective “face” for the organization, maintaining a visible presence with membership and promoting the organization’s mission and vision throughout the industry.
- Build and enhance relationships with external stakeholders, with a focus on membership and industry peers. Cultivate, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships and business relations integral to the performance of the business.
- Conduct quarterly Management meetings with the Senior Management Team to review plans, priorities, best practices, concerns, and issues.
- Coordinate with the VP Finance to:
- Conduct timely reviews of financial results while ensuring optimization of capital allocation consistent with business plans.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk management strategies including business insurance, credit risks and other potential corporate liabilities.
- Coordinate with the VP Operations to:
- Develop and implement business plans aligned with the strategic vision of the company.
- Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators to optimize productivity.
- Ensure best practices policies, processes, standards, and procedures are clearly communicated and consistently applied across the organization and drive innovative initiatives to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Coordinate with the training leadership team to:
- Develop and implement organizational training plans to improve internal capabilities.
- Evaluate efficacy of existing coaching services, training programs, and events, and provide strategic support on the creation of new initiatives.
- Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of programs as well as the planning, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation of special projects.
- Inspire, motivate, coach, mentor, develop and lead the Senior Management Team, creating a culture of collaboration and accountability to achieve excellence at all levels.
- Review relevant industry data and available market information to stay current with industry trends, new products, competitive threats, and opportunities to develop new business partnerships and revenue sources.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in business or other relevant field. MBA is an asset.
- Experience in optometric industry would be an asset.
- Proven success as a leader in a purpose-driven organization.
- Track record of increasing visibility, brand awareness and external recognition in a similar organization.
- Proven ability to understand member/customer needs and incorporate them into the organization’s strategic plan and business plan.
- Proven success in building, leading, coaching, mentoring, developing and inspiring teams to high levels of performance.
- Solid business and administrative management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, listening and presentation skills with the proven ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and engage with external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to structure, implement, develop, and integrate operational procedures and processes which are best practice, scalable, and applied consistently across multiple sites to achieve a profitable, cost efficient and highly effective organization.
- Strong financial and analytical skills in which to understand, interpret and evaluate financial data, key performance indicators and underlying trends to optimize profitability of operations.
- Technology savvy and experienced in deploying technology to competitive advantage to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Leadership & Management / Behavioral Competencies:
- Charismatic and personable with members and the organization, inspiring passion in those around them to rally and sustain support for the achievement of the organization’s vision and goals.
- Effective leader/mentor/coach and strategic business leader who leads with focus and accountability and can also be hands-on in the operation of the organization when required.
- Exceptional relationship manager who can earn the trust and respect of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly skilled communicator, listener, and presenter able to effectively engage with team members, other key partners to build healthy internal and external relationships.
- Decision maker with strong business acumen, common sense, sound business judgement and intuition.
- Solutions focused problem solver with exceptional critical thinking skills required to devise pragmatic solutions to business initiatives and challenges.
- An enabler and driver of change who promotes continuous improvement and sets high standards.
- Shows a willingness to learn from the industry, members, and the organization.
Represented by Jay Harvey – Partner - Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you are a senior leader looking for a new and exciting opportunity apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.