We have a phenomenal opportunity for an experienced Construction Broker to join one of the most well respected and recognized brokerages. Primarily construction project based, this position will work closely with the client servicing team, specializing in the insurance and risk management needs of large accounts. Based in the Vancouver downtown office, this position will be a hybrid, remote and work from the office.
- Collaborate with the client service team in monitoring insurance and risk management
- Identify and develop business with existing clients, identify new business opportunities and prospective clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with insurers and clients
- Be the expert for
- Course of Construction
- Delayed Start up
- Wrap-up liability
- Project Professional Liability
- Minimum 5 years construction related insurance experience
- BC Level 2 license a minimum; Alberta insurance licenses an asset
- Understanding of cargo/transit, environmental and Surety an asset
- Strong understanding of construction projects and relationships between various parties involved – ie. developers, partners, general contractors, lenders etc.
- Excellent knowledge of core insurance principles and ability to explain in detail to clients
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Self starter and ability to work independently, while still being a strong collaborator with others
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach and mentor others
- Exceptional client services and management skills
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.