Controller – Construction Sector
Are you a proven Controller that is looking to take on a rewarding challenge?
Our Client is an innovative, well-respected construction and development company based in the Greater Vancouver Region.
Lock Search Group’s, Cameron Lappin has been retained to assist in their search for an experienced Controller to join the leadership time of this inspired organization.
Based in the GVA region, and reporting into the President, you will take on a critical leadership role as the Controller of the financial operations across the organization. The role will include evaluations of the company’s financial framework, along with the strategic implementation for improved internal controls and financial reporting processes.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of tools, programs and ‘templates’ to efficiently support profit analysis through the life-cycle of projects - short term, and long term (5+ year projects) within the residential, commercial, institutional, and civil verticals.
- Leading a team in the maintenance, preparation, and reconciliation of internal and external records.
- Working and partnering with other departments to create cross-functional alignment to collaboratively hit goals and targets
- Support acquisitions, buyout opportunities, and development investments decisions
- Diagnose and manage cashflow, while overseeing budgeting and financial statements
- Create, and implement reporting, including new policies, procedures, and systems
- Support and utilize technology and software to support the growth and evolution of the company
- Including investigating and implementing new tools
- Full cycle accounting – including tax and audit reporting regulations
- Strong knowledge of provincial/federal legislation
- Collaboratively partnering with the President and ownership group – this is a true partnership position
- 5+ years of experience in strategic financial leadership
- Direct experience and knowledge in the construction/development industry would be an asset, but not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Business, or Accounting would be preferred – CPA designation is essential.
- Strategic thinker, with exceptional communication skills
- Problem-solver with a flare for innovation
The successful candidates will be driven and truly committed and passionate about supporting the strategic growth of this company and ensuring that they are well prepared for an ever-changing and fast paced environment. This exciting opportunity comes with a competitive base salary, bonus and profit incentive plan, along with vacation, benefits and a flexible working environment. If you are motivated to take initiative with your career – contact us!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.