Customer Service/E-Commerce Manager
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor within the consumer health industry, and they are currently looking for a dynamic Customer Service/E-Commerce Manager to join their team at their West GTA Warehouse location. The position will be responsible for overseeing Professional Dental account product ordering including 9,000+ customers, plus Retail accounts. Also, managing and coaching a team of customer service sales representatives, facilitating transactions to support inbound phone calls and emails. In addition, this position will be responsible for the creation of a Professional dental account online e-commerce ordering platform to be developed and implemented for Q1 2022.
The individual will manage two direct reports, each focused on a specific channel of either Professional Dental accounts or Retail customers. Currently, the business is supported by AS400 and Sales Force Automation for transaction purposes and this individual needs to be familiar with and work effectively across multiple systems.
- Responsible for motivating, coaching, developing, and creating an engaging work environment ensuring a culture of ongoing collaboration and problem solving.
- Provide backup support for customer service reps, with specific interactions that require elevation or senior management to resolve conflicts or provide support during a crisis (eg. Product Recalls).
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of key performance indicators and ensures exceptional performance standards consistent with customer needs and department objectives.
- Providing advanced technical assistance within AS400 and Sales Force to enable improved productivity and provide troubleshooting.
- Work closely with US IT and local Finance Team to ensure smooth process flow.
- Achieve the companies 2021 operating targets through planning and execution of product orders.
- Proactively make recommendations to allocate resources for optimal efficiencies and drive growth.
- Set direction and monitor the quality of work and service to customers and provide training recommendations, as needed.
- Ensure prompt EDI order entry and the compliance of pricing policies and procedures.
- Administer all current B2C e-business activities (small volume) and incorporate best practices to design effective strategies and make recommendations for improvements to the customer process.
- Ensure that all stakeholder (internal/external) inquiries are managed in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage customer complaints/adverse events, as per Health Canada requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain optimal level of customer services and monitor online channels to ensure simplicity in services and ensure compliance to all legal requirements.
- Collaborate with Professional Sales and Marketing to create a new B2B business platform for testing and launch in 2022.
- Design, prepare, and disseminate monthly reporting to support KPI targets and growth objectives.
- Communicate with senior management recommendations for improvement ongoing.
- Coordinate with Professional Sales, Retail Sales, Finance and Marketing and be viewed as an integrated business partner.
- Represent broad points of view and be able to align and cooperate, where needed.
- Capable/comfortable in dealing with large Retail customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication presented in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and communicate internal and external information to staff and business units, as required.
- Speak effectively and clearly in one-to-one conversations and in groups.
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Sales & Marketing or Business with a focus on E-Commerce, preferred.
- College degree or equivalent with a minimum of three years of comparable work experience in E-Commerce or a related field.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience working in Customer Service. Technical expertise in online virtual selling and E-Commerce is preferred.
- Task delegation and triaging of workload.
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of AS400 and online order processing and business applications.
- Experience with integration of a new ERP system, would be an asset.
- Demonstrate solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understand customer’s contribution level to SAI, customer’s objectives, operations, needs and expectations and coordinate and drive results-oriented activities.
- Command strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Command of both languages, a definite asset: English and French.
- Ability to interact effectively with all customers, vendors, staff, and all SAI personnel.