Director of Marketing
Consumer demand for healthier food and beverage products has been an increasing trend over the past decade. Recent global events have acutely increased awareness for consumers to seek alternatives that are better for overall health and wellness. As a result, we are seeing plant-based food companies capturing minds of consumers and carving out significant market share within competitive categories. As a CPG Marketing professional, you are likely seeing exciting career development opportunities pop up and we have a fantastic one for you to review.
Our client is an emerging leader in the plant-based Dairy alternative category with award winning products. Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing Director is the lead architect as it relates to the creation and execution of annual Marketing plans with emphasis on developing brand strategies and programs to drive consumer awareness across all channels. This role is broad and highly involved, spanning all marketing and sales functions with the Director of Marketing expected to be a significant contributor to strategic planning, execution and a significant contributor in driving the overall business. In addition to all related activity of brand positioning, image and identity, product innovation, advertising and creative, promotion and pricing, this individual will hold strong accountability for domestic and international financial deliverables including market share growth and profitability.
As the Marketing Director you will develop and execute annual marketing plans with an emphasis on building brand velocity and market share in targeted key categories and with strategic retail partners. As the ideal candidate, you will provide direction, guidance, and a clear strategy to ensure that brand investment is effectively supporting strategic initiatives that make a difference to the bottom line. Topline responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with internal and contracted creative resources in development, refinement and roll-out of brand visual identity and image revitalization.
- Lead concept meetings to ensure all marketing materials have a consistent brand tone which establishes and results in an evolution of a consistent company image.
- Develop programs to enhance the customer (both trade and consumer) experience at all key touch points and build trigger responses. Provide marketing and creative focus on developing messaging.
- Develop and execute communications and programs that will influence behaviour and build longer-term brand perception.
- Ensure “best in class” delivery of all branded initiatives that will differentiate and elevate the company over competitors.
- Strategically manage projects so they meet creative and business objectives and where necessary drive tactical execution of marketing initiatives.
- Manage project schedules and deliverables to ensure results are delivered on-time and on budget. This includes promotional and new product creative development as well as daily communication requirements.
- Through internal resources and agencies manage social media strategy and digital presence.
- 5+ years building consumer products experience.
- Proven strategic track record of successfully building domestic, specialty retail brands and products through a spectrum of retail channel outlets; with primary expertise in specialty (Consumable Packaged Goods preferred)
- Significant demonstrated ability in driving brand development, positioning, and differentiation in highly competitive business environments.
- Strong budgetary and planning background supported by marketing P&L accountability.
- Extensive brand experience in managing and driving effective creative product (advertising, packaging and overall communication).
- Flexible and self-starting professional with confidence and comfort toward both analytics and creativity.
- BA or BS Degree in Marketing, M.B.A. desired but not necessary.
With operations in Vancouver BC, the company and associated products are competing in the largest segment of plant-based food & beverage with expected growth to surpass $2B in the US alone by the end of 2021. Formulations and the “secret sauce” for the product line has been in development for over ten years providing a phenomenal competitive advantage. Role is offering a strong compensation package, flexible working environment and an attractive culture built on health & wellness.
Thanks for taking the time to review and don’t hesitate to reach out for further discussion. Look forward to discussing further!