Our client, one of the most important companies in the field of nuclear, aerospace, building automation and defense, present in more than 70 countries at the global level, is looking for a Health Safety Environment (HSE) Manager to join its Markham team. The future HSE Manager will be a key professional in the HSE function. You will implement processes and drive HSE performance metrics for the company’s P3 (Public-Private Partnerships) facilities management contracts within Canada. You will be the responsible HSE resource for P3 projects all across Canada. Working with the P3 Management Team and Facility Managers, HSE Manager will be responsible for directing sustainable health and safety programs through the incorporation of impactful operating processes and keeping in front of leading practices in health and safety standards.
- Leading a team for HSE professionals in a business or site region.
- Integrate, monitor, and support Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance with the applicable guidelines, procedures, and regulations.
- Incorporate continuous improvement using company’s Health and Safety initiatives through company's Operating System activities.
- Provide proactive integration of HSE initiatives across the P3 business, keeping in front of leading-edge safety awareness.
- Work with the Facility Managers to maintain Project Agreement Requirements (i.e. ISO 14001 certification) and achieve Safety-related goals and objectives.
- Review HSE Requirements for new site projects and develop required Client and HSE documentation.
- Conduct HSE and Environmental Site Audits against Project and company’s standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Engineering (environmental, design, electrical, mechanical, civil), project management, business.
- Minimum 8 years of HSE experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with leading a team of HSE professionals.
- Minimum 3 years of being the primary responsible HSE professional for a business region or site.
- Master’s Degree with 3 to 7+ years of HSE experience – a big asset.
- Understanding of all matters related to HSE within construction, service and/or field-related businesses.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Use innovative thinking to create continuous improvement.
- Technical expertise in HSE.
- Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
- Ability to deliver on complex situations.
- Timely decision-making skills.
- Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations.
- Flexibility to travel to P3 locations in Canada.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume by clicking the APPLY button!
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.