Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) Specialist
It is no secret that health food companies are experiencing the fastest growth in the CPG industry. Consumer trends demanding healthier ingredients driven by health and wellness education combined with a pesky global pandemic has surged the industry forward with no signs of slow down! We have partnered with our established and hyper fast-growing client to recruit for an enthusiastic and energetic Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) Specialist.
This will be a phenomenal opportunity to join a leading industry player from within the Food Production/Manufacturing sector that prides themselves on a fantastic working culture, producing healthy food, who also provides substantial internal growth opportunities! This is the perfect company for a Health & Safety Coordinator looking to join a fast growing company, who has the personal goal to move up into a HSE Manager.
- Support and cultivate a safe work environment that is compliment with regulations
- Identify and analyze work risks and participate in the implementation of corrective plans
- Provide support to the management team in the prevention and resolution of health & safety issues
- Coordinate and assist in developing activities such as audit reports, emergency measures and PPE inventory
- Follow up and investigate all work incidents, injuries and safety concerns
- Provide orientation training and information sessions to the internal team on safety procedures
- Post Secondary Education in Occupational Health and Safety
- 2 + years of experience working in an Occupational Health and Safety environment
- Direct Manufacturing experience is a must
- Strong knowledge in safety legislation and regulations
- Valid Occupational First Aid Level 2; or ability to attain
- Ability to develop, document, and deliver risk assessments and emergency response plans
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Team spirit, good communicator, sense of urgency and good critical judgment;
Total Rewards: Competitive Base Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Career Growth and a phenomenal ‘team-collaborative’ environment.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.