Our client specializes in pharmaceutical research and development, that is one of the leading organizations in Canada. They are looking to add an Information Technology Manager to their superb team, located in Hamilton.
- Provides and manages maintenance of hardware and software technologies, consulting and training, and recommendations for improvement
- Manage a team of three to provide technical support and troubleshooting throughout multiple sites in Canada
- Ensure operations of information systems, and electronic data processing (EDP) comply with Health Canada, FDA, EU, and GMP guidelines.
- Work in a regulated GxP environment
- Manage planning, development, and execution of Computer System Validation (CSV)
- Work closely with multiple internal teams to efficiently rollout CSV programs
- Supervise and maintain operational budgets
- Develop procedures and policies for EDP and computer systems development and operations
- Train new staff as required
- Maintain inventory of technology hardware, software licensing, and other resources
- Install workstations
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and regulate technical issues
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety and Environment protection rules
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related discipline
- Experience with virtualization platforms (e.g. Nutanix, VMware)
- ITIL Certification is preferred
- Experience in Mobile Device management
- Experience in GxP/lab environment
- Experience with lab equipment and software (e.g. HPLC, GC, TLC, Empower, QMS, LIMS)
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructures (switches, routers, access points, VLAN, VOIP and VPN)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Able to understand unique challenges in the pharmaceutical industry with respect to shifts, overtime, and hours
- Able to work collaboratively and manage team members
- Utilizes highest level of competency, reliability, and integrity throughout activities
This position is mostly remote; however, in-person assistance will be routinely required.
To apply, please submit your resume using the Apply Now button.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only the candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.