Our client, one of Canada's leading pharmacies, is looking for a Manager, Purchasing & Materials Management in the Mississauga- Hamilton region. The future Manager will be responsible for the management of company’s purchasing and inventory control functions such as the acquisition, administration and allocation of all materials necessary to support the production and service requirements of the company, at the optimal balance of cost, quality and supplier service. In addition, he / she will also develop and implement functional procedures, to be utilized as a guide for all organizational materials, purchasing and inventory management activities.
- In charge of purchasing and inventory management by creating and applying procedures, to comply with the corporate objectives.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources team for department’s staffing levels, recruitment, interviews, and employee selection; handles performance management and salary reviews.
- Supervises, guides and coaches the purchasing and materials management team.
- Collaborates in the creation of budgets, reports, and strategies for developing, controlling, and improving company’s materials management operations.
- Negotiates prices and contracts for all applicable products and services.
- Negotiates with suppliers to resolve problems and implement necessary internal corrective procedures.
- Develops procedures to assess, strengthen and optimize the vendor base.
- Develops, implements and controls functional procedures and policies required for daily operations.
- Determines department’s objectives and contributes to their achievement.
- Produces reports, directives, policies, procedures, plans, reviews and presentations regarding company’s materials management functions.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director in budget development, reporting, and control for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures the materials management group meets corporate and quality standards, objectives and strategic goals.
- Collaborates with the parent company’s representatives regarding business requirements and functionalities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Purchasing or any other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant purchasing management experience.
- Must have attained or be actively pursuing related professional accreditation.
- Familiarity with an ISO and SAP environment – big asset.
- Previous experience and understanding of supply chain, inventory management, distribution and continuous improvement processes.
- Experience in managing operational budgets.
- Previous experience in a healthcare/pharmaceutical environment - an asset.
- Excellent coaching/mentoring leadership skills with a focus on team building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Great negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adhere to standards & procedures and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Regulatory procedures and techniques.
- Quick learner and ability to identify and apply procedures in a fast-developing environment.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume by clicking the APPLY button!
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.