Process Engineer – Food Production
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the retail and food production industry. With a history of advancing and pioneering new technologies for their clients, they are often considered best in class both as a leader of solutions and as an employer of choice. They have engaged Cameron Lappin of Lock Search Group to assist them in finding and recruiting an exceptional individual for the role of Process Engineer based out of their manufacturing facility in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the initiation and management of projects designed to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve capacity, productivity, quality, on-time delivery, training and health and safety.
- Develop KPIs to track capacity, productivity, quality, on-time delivery, and health & safety
- Develop best practices to improve manufacturing capacity, quality, and dependability
- Identify and lead process improvement projects
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing/business and assembly issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity etc.
- Compare and align financial productivity indicators with manufacturing performances
- Recognize unsafe practices, contribute to the development of a corrective action plan in order to establish safety procedures
- Provide training and guidance to team members to achieve production goals
- Assist in budget preparation, monitor expenses and profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline is required
- 2+ years of Process Engineering experience in a lean manufacturing environment – preferably in Food Manufacturing
- Experience in development and implementation of continuous improvement processes and procedures in a manufacturing context
- Ability to work well under pressure with a sense of urgency meeting tight and changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strategic thinking ability
- Ambassador of change and capable of influencing and supporting the team
Total Rewards: As well as working for a great company, you will enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, long term incentives, and excellent opportunities for career progression. This is the perfect role for a current Process Engineer who is motivated for career growth, project-based experience, and excited about driving lean and continuous improvement initiatives!
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow professionally within a company, apply for this position today! Please submit your resume to Cameron Lappin, Senior Recruitment Consultant by using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.