Our client is a Canadian-based company, that is a global leader in supplying delicious and nutritious ready-made meals to industries like hospitals and health care. They are looking for a Production Supervisor to join their amazing team in Ottawa, ON.
- Ensure efficient utilization of labor in terms of skill, staffing level, and planned requirement.
- Direct personnel to execute established processing and packaging procedures to comply with CFIA or company food safety and quality management systems standards.
- Liaise with other teams (maintenance, quality assurance) to solve day-to-day challenges.
- Ensure adequate training skills levels are available – ensure employees receive induction training, food safety training as appropriate for role, environmental, health and safety, and any other training to ensure compliance with audits and governmental law.
- Coordinate the handling and minimization of waste with team and control the overuse of products.
- Support the continuous improvement team by outlining problems, ideas, and solutions.
- Conduct staff recruitment and interviewing as necessary.
- Assist with union conflict resolution.
- Responsible for payroll administration for hourly staff.
- Other duties as required.
- College diploma (minimum) in a food-science or related discipline
- Experience working in manufacturing environments (frozen food and retail environment is an asset)
- Experience managing teams of 40+ individuals
- Bilingual (English/French) is considered an asset
- Basic proficiency in MS Office
- Industry qualifications in Health and Safety, Food Hygiene
- Ability to lead and work in fast-paced environments
This is a full-time role that requires flexibility in shift times. To apply, please submit your resume using the Apply Now button.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only the candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.