Our client is a rapidly growing manufacturer in the retail and food production industry. Backed by food science technology plant-based products in this sector are growing exponentially. This company is looking to scale up and expand its organization rapidly over the coming years. Cameron Lappin of Lock Search Group has been brought on to guide the client in this process and assist them in recruiting an exceptional individual for a very strategic position, their R&D Manager.
The R & D Manager will be responsible for building this department from the ground up. With a background in food technology and food chemistry the R&D Manager will work with other departments to develop innovative food products, while refining existing receipts.
- In collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer, you be a force in the company’s research and scientific priorities ensuring alignment with the organization’s overall strategic objectives
- Manage external partnerships with contract research teams and manufacturers Coordinate the product development process including product formulation, research, planning, testing and prototyping, sourcing, costing, and commercialization
- Formulate new and existing plant-based products to meet objectives for sensory and nutritional attributes, quality, shelf life, manufacturability, cost and timelines
- Maintain records of formulations, process parameters, finished product results, sensory assessments, and project progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology or relevant industry
- Master’s degree is an asset
- Previous experience in management leading a department
- 5 + years of R&D experience in a food production facility, including formulation and commercialization
- Experience with modern plant-based product development including extrusion involving TVP and HMMA
- Comprehensive working knowledge of food ingredient functionality, food production principles and processes.
- Knowledge of Canadian, US and International food safety regulations
- Aptitude for solving technical challenges through systematic research and investigation
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to direct, coach, develop, facilitate and manage performance of direct reports
- Exceptional project management skills, well-organized, detail-oriented, coupled with strong multi-tasking and prioritization abilities
Total Rewards: As well as working with collaborative and supportive company , you will enjoy a strong base salary, bonus, benefits, long term incentives, and excellent opportunity for career progression. This is the perfect role for a R&D leaders and Food Scientist from within the food manufacturing sector to join a motivated team, and stretch their innovative minds.
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by clicking the apply button or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.