Sales Associate & Consultant - Interior Design, Kitchen, Bath
South Surrey, BC
Our client is one of Canada’s leading national distributors of building products in the construction market (residential, commercial, and industrial). Their business is growing and they are looking for a knowledgeable and capable Showroom Sales Consultant to join their team at their retail/showroom location in South Surrey, BC.
In this role, you would be the first point of contact for all customers coming into the showroom. You will need to possess a smile, strong knowledge of selling retail products, consultative flair, extraordinary follow up skills and passion for design along with exceptional customer service skills in order to facilitate an amazing experience for every customer!
- Greet and consult with all customers in a professional and helpful manner
- Present and detail company products and services to existing and potential clients
- Bring a strong ability to address customer needs and close sales
- Build strong customer relationships by working to understand what the customer requires, and delivering innovative and dynamic with suggestions
- Work with customers (homeowner, builders, designers) on the phone and in person to choose products that fulfill their specific needs, demonstrating thorough product and pricing knowledge
- Maintaining the showroom products and show suites and ensuring that the displays are kept clean with an appealing presentation
- Schedule appointments appropriately to control customer traffic
- Handle special orders, requests, issues/concerns with enthusiasm and efficiency
- Source materials for customers, provide quotes and quote follow-up
- Prepare and activate paperwork to process sales
- Prepare reports on sales activity and effectiveness of product display
- Make sales calls and follow-up contact with previous visitors to the showroom
- Conduct after sales service with customers
- Work closely with others (clients, suppliers, co-workers) in a professional, cooperative and positive manner to ensure project needs are met
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with order taking, product, pricing, deliveries and overall service
- Responds to requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order/customer information files
- Communicates order/customer changes to the appropriate personnel/departments
- Maintains knowledge base on current products and learning about new products
- Assists in developing and recommending changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the customer service department as a whole
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Prior interior design experience or education is an asset
- Prior plumbing / kitchen / bath experience is an asset
- 2+ years experience in retail and customer service setting OR experience in a Showroom setting is ideal
- Strong customer service, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- High energy, initiative and creativity
- Skills with Microsoft Office, and other software applications
- Valid Drivers License
COMPENSATION: Base Salary + profit sharing bonus ($$$$), 2 weeks vacation (paid), plus comprehensive health benefits, RRSP matching program/pension plan and eligibility to join their continuing education program
SCHEDULE: The showroom is open Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please click “Apply” or send your resume in confidence to Anita Wong (Recruitment Associate), email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.