Our client is a start-up company that is using their own AI powered platform to revolutionize biotech in drug development. They are looking for a Senior Bioinformatician in North America (Canada, Boston, willing to re-locate to Toronto) – for now the individual will work from home.
- Re-analysing large scale whole exome, and whole genome datasets, with support of other team members
- Work on data analysis towards therapeutic target discovery
- Assist with AI powered drug development
- Utilizing solid coding skills like Python, Unix shell, and R
- Bioinformatics for large scale next gen-sequencing (NGS)
- PhD or MSc in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related fields
- Strong knowledge of Python, Unix shell, and R
- Experience with using BWA, GATK, and a genetic variant annotation software (e.g. Annovar, VEP) for data analysis with whole exome and whole genome datasets
- At least 4 years of post graduate relevant experience
- Experience with analyzing genetic variant data in human genetics
- Solid peer-reviewed publication track record - bonus
- Experience in a high-performance work environment
- Experience with large scale next gen-sequencing (NGS)
To apply, please submit your resume using the Apply Now button.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only the candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.