Our client, one of the most important global companies in the field of nuclear, aerospace, building automation and defense, present in more than 70 countries, is looking for a Sr. Advanced Power Supply Design Engineer to join its Mississauga team. The role is a visible, design oriented and technical development one. The future Power Supply Design Engineer’s role will be to bring the right experience designing Printed Boards Assemblies (PBAs) for Electronic Solutions within the company’s Aerospace division.
- Designs high reliability power electronics up to 300W, including isolated AC-DC and DC-DC converters, with associated EMI filters.
- Applies design solutions for Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- Owns one or more complex power supply boards, in charge of development assignments, negotiates requirements derived from system requirements, develops architectures, completes design, analyses, and testing in an engineering laboratory setting.
- Generates board layout constraint guidelines, oversees the layout and fabrication of the power supplies.
- Collaborates with a global, multi-disciplinary team of systems, mechanical, radiation effects, reliability, component, and manufacturing engineers.
- Partners to reach effective solutions to medium complexity electrical engineering problems under moderate supervision.
- Follows and tailors best design practices and guidelines to ensure efficiency on given project task.
- Supports system integration activities such as qualification tests, coordinating build and test of engineering hardware for functionality and requirements verification.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in power supply design / power electronics.
- Ability to generate board layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the power supplies.
- Must have a valid Permanent Residency Card, or Canadian citizenship to meet client requirements.
- Experience designing analog and digital circuits is a plus.
- Flexibility for potential occasional business-related travel within Canada or globally.
- Master's/advanced degrees in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience in power supply design / power electronics up to 300W, including isolated AC-DC and DC-DC converters, with associated EMI filters.
- Ability to understand, interpret and comply with contracts and contractual requirements.
- Familiar with standard requirements – preferably Aerospace and Military standards.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume by clicking the APPLY button!
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.