Our client is a major player in energy industry with over 105,000 employees, who are all committed to offering cleaner, more reliable, affordable, and accessible energy to customers worldwide. Their ambition is to be the industry leader in the transition to cleaner energy production.
Our client is looking for a territory manager to join their team Ontario sales team. Reporting to the regional sales director, the successful candidate will be responsible for achieving sales performance targets in the Greater Toronto Area, promoting automotive/industrial lubricants, special fluids and additive products to a broad range of industrial customers.
- Prospects and solicits new business to develop new and existing accounts following the company portfolio guidelines while ensuring maximization of the GMVC in the territory
- Promotes product range providing solutions to industrial & HDMO customers in the assigned territory, maximizing integration. This focus will require approx. 70% attention to the overall job function
- Promotes product range providing solutions to the passenger car, light truck and automotive market (PCMO) in the assigned territory. This focus will require approx. 30% attention to the overall job function
- Develops and implements, in collaboration with the Regional Sales Director, a local strategy specific to the assigned territory
- Solicits and develops new customers following the company portfolio guidelines.
- Develop the HDMO/Agri/Industrial and PCMO sector directly and also the distribution network (in order to provide local inventory and distributor support)
- Consolidates existing customers with a view on volume of sales and profitability (organic growth)
- Gathers information on his specific market: identifies competitors and their strategy, products, prices, services offered, etc. and advises Regional Sales Director on a regular basis (weekly)
- Negotiates commercial arrangements with clients according to company policies
- Maintains accurate and organized records of daily activities using the CRM tool, analyses results and participates in establishing objectives
- Makes presentations on technical solutions for targeted customers/audience
- Proposes technical and commercial solutions to meet customer’s needs
- Participates in trade shows and relevant Associations to promote our products and develop a notoriety
- Collaborates with other departments to solve problems such as, late payments, pricing discrepancies, invoicing errors, special orders, equipment loans, returned products, account opening, etc
- Follows-up on customer credit as required
- Ventures new business: a minimum 75% of visits should be done on prospection at first
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and product/technic
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid Canadian work permit
- Good knowledge of the local market, the territory and its customers
- Bachelor’s degree with +5 years of experience in industrial sales or 10 years of relevant sales experience, preferably in lubricants
- A sound knowledge of lubricant products or ability to rapidly learn
- Mechanically inclined
- Good communication skills and ability to provide informative presentations to customers
- Experience in all methods of prospecting
- Goal driven, must be a disciplined self starter
- Valid driver’s license
- Good knowledge of MS Office and general computer literacy
- Knowledge of Salesforce an asset
- Fluent in English, French is an asset
This opportunity is best suited for career minded professionals who thrive in a healthy team oriented business culture.