Our client, an international manufacturer of electrical, lighting and power solutions, is looking for a Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) to join their team, in the Pickering area. The future VMI will be responsible for the planning and procurement of products from company’s affiliates and other third-party vendors as well as of maintaining the level of stock to meet preassigned inventory targets for company’s clients.
- Maintains the stock level for company’s customers participating in the Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) process.
- Provides support to company’s VMI Trading partners regarding the stocks, the orders, the demand and the overrides.
- Coordinates the VMI orders and returns.
- Supports the Sales, Marketing and the Engineering teams in reducing the costs from third parties.
- Monitors and expedites the delivery of parts.
- Reviews forecasts on a monthly basis and recommends changes, in order to improve delivery performance.
- Assists in product life cycle management and manages the inventory history.
- Resolves incoming requests related to eCommerce Services, order changes, order cancellations, incorrect shipments, requests for proof of delivery, verification of shortages and invalid/discontinued/suggested replacement items.
- Collaborates with department’s manager for finding solutions to stock and inventory issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, analytical field (operations, business, etc.) or any other related sector.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience and/or education, preferably in a distribution environment.
- SAP and Microsoft Office knowledge- required.
- Strong understanding of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) and TrueCommerce.
- CAPIC/APIC Certification- an asset.
- An understanding of electrical certification codes and standards.
- Strong negotiating skills, with experience in leading negotiations with both local and foreign vendors.
- Project Management experience.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Great written and oral communications skills.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume by clicking the APPLY FOR THE POSITION button!
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.