Our client is part of the Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing Industry (specifically turbine engine shafts, helicopter masts, turbine engine thrust links, nuclear pressure vessel containment systems and other industrial products). They are looking for a Vice President of Finance to join their superb team in Toronto, ON.
This is a full-time position that reports to the President, and the Board of Directors, and has potential for long term success. This position will be in-person.
- Encompass the total financial management responsibility of the company
- Responsible for the organization’s overall financial plans (short and long term), policies, financial practices, and the overall leadership responsibility for the business’s finance function.
- Maintain professional and close relationships with all levels of the senior management team (e.g. CEO) as well as Board of Directors
- Maintain key contacts with various external organizations such as customers, consultants, governmental and public auditors.
- Identify business improvements and lead the successful initiatives to maximize business performance (resulting in cost reduction and profit improvement).
- Develop comprehensive annual business planning processes to set, execute, and maintain the necessary KPIs throughout the management team.
- Establish and direct procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records.
- Appraise the Board of Directors of the Company’s financial position and issue periodic financial and operating reports.
- Develop product pricing policies to target and win new business opportunities.
- Create insightful metrics to track and anticipate financial and operating performance of the business.
- Act as the primary financial interface between the Company and the Board of Directors, senior management personnel and auditors.
- Lead the organization preparation and prompt delivery to the Board of Directors of materials in advance of each Board of Directors meeting.
- Prepare presentations of various financial/business analyses relating to the Period Review, Strategic Plan, Annual Operating Plan, etc.
- Direct the planning, organization, and control of the implementation and maintenance of Information Systems and Services to support the strategic and operating objectives of the Company.
- Establish corporate financial policies and procedures conforming to banking, government, procurement, and financial regulations.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of the company’s goals for sales growth, safety, security, affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, environmental protection, housekeeping, and where applicable, a continued union-free labor climate.
- Assure the proper application and administration of pertinent policies that contribute to a high level of morale, discipline, and positive employee attitudes.
- Ensure full compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- MBA and/or CPA required
- 10+ years of experience in various accounting and management areas.
- 5+ years of experience in supervisory/management positions in a manufacturing operations environment.
- Experience in served markets a plus.
- In depth technical skills and broad business knowledge.
- Extremely proficient communications skills.
- Excellent managerial, leadership, and interpersonal capabilities.
- A relentless focus on cash flow.
Among other benefits, the successful candidate will receive competitive compensation as well as a great bonus package.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume in confidence directly to Charles Warren, email@example.com or by clicking the APPLY button!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.