Artisan food companies are making a move into the CPG Retail and Food Service, and we have an exciting business development opportunity for you! Our client is a leader in the North American Artisan food industry and looking to expand their operations in the West with a newly developed position. We are seeking a dynamic and hungry business development individual to join the team. Reporting to the National Director of Business Development you will be responsible for approaching the West market through a hunter’s lens while cultivating current business relationships.
- Develop promotional calendars and sales plans to execute implementation with distributors and end users to optimize impact
- Support the relationship with distributors and act as a bridge with important end users
- Analyze sales reports to measure the return on investment and recommend changes in strategy relative to results attained
- Handle ad hoc requests from customers (special deliveries, complaints, merchandising, assistance requirements)
- Develop and execute on customer promotions, spiffs, contests, and ground level execution
- Generate a monthly report of activities and initiatives
- Identify new customer leads in Retail and Food Service
- Organize for sampling, cutting and product presentation
- Strategically prospect and hunt new business partnerships
- Prepare quotes in collaboration with your supervisor, head office and or marketing team
- Propose ideas and tools to better assist customers from a data driven approach
- Participate in the development of sales tools and marketing plan for Western Canada
- Minimum 3 years experience in CPG sales
- Knowledge of Retail and Food Service industry
- Customer service state of mind
- Head office / multi unit knowledge
- Being a FOODIE is a plus!
Role is remote and requires roughly 25% travel within the West Region. Company offers a competitive compensation package with a ton of upside for growth within the region. Culture is top priority so if you are a collaborative, humble and driven business development professional who loves food then we want to hear from you.
Looking forward to connecting!