Are you a high potential finance professional holding a ton of upside with an appetite for the hyper growth plant-based food industry? Perhaps you are keen on an opportunity to progress your career working with some of the food industries brightest leaders? Fantastic…keep reading because we have a phenomenal opportunity for you.
As the Accounting Manager, reporting into the CFO, you will lead the accounting and finance functions with a focus on the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. You are an important member of the entrepreneurial team, possessing a high degree of initiative, are self-motivated and work well under pressure. You are ready to progress with the company supporting in key growth initiatives which as a result will progress your career.
- Manage 1 direct report responsible for AP & Payroll
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, general ledger, taxes
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets, prepaids, accrued liability schedules
- Prepare and/or review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations including cost of goods sold
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Minimum 5 years experience in Manufacturing (preferred)
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, excellent at analyzing data in spreadsheets
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) to convey conclusions and make proposals
- Keen attention to detail
- A team player attitude
- Critical thinking skills focused on adaptable problem solving in a growth environment
We are seeking a high potential individual that is interested in career growth. As the business scales, combined with your performance and proven value to the organization, you will have opportunities to elevate your position and total compensation plan. Having an entrepreneurial, team player approach is critical in the role. The position is remote with periodic expectations to work with the team in the Greater Vancouver area. If you would like to learn more don’t hesitate to reach out. Look forward to connecting to discuss further!