Account Manager – Commercial Markets
Our client is a Canadian export risk agency working to help entrepreneurs grow their exports and support their growth. They offer a variety of solutions to offer their support to other companies. The commercial markets team is currently looking for an Account Manager to join their team. In this role, you will be reporting to the District Manager and will be responsible for contributing to the company’s corporate plan.
You will conduct research and assess potential clients, build relationships with them, and work together to create a plan to impact their companies and markets positively. You will be responsible for promoting the company’s capabilities through regular communication with financial intermediaries by growing the network and connecting with potential clients.
- Maintain a high-level of client satisfaction and retention
- Identify and connect with new clients and refine their needs, challenges, and strategies
- Build and maintain effective long-term relationships with key industry associations in Canada
- Identify opportunities for business development across Canada and abroad. Plan and manage an effective approach to business development and client support.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of accounts
- Promote the full range of products
- Help facilitate transactions where appropriate
- Execute projects, tasks and initiatives related to the fulfilment of the market coverage mandate
- Identify market trends for the purpose of developing regional strategies
- Act as the problem solver for the client, handle client negotiation strategies, and manage interactions in a professional manner
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, finance or a related field
- 2+ years of experience for account manager role, in business development in international business or banking or 5+ years of experience for senior account manager role
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An existing established network
- MBA, CFA, or CITP designation
- Knowledge of international trade and international business practices
- Experience in various industries
- Business development experience in commercial banking
This role offers a lucrative compensation package + benefits package + generous vacation policy, as well as a hybrid way of working.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your resume in confidence directly to Frank Joe, email@example.com or by clicking the blue APPLY button!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!