Branch Manager – Wholesale Distribution
Our client is a well-known and respected wholesale distribution organization that has successfully supported the residential, and commercial mechanical markets for years. With a proven track record in British Columbia, they pride themselves on providing exceptional service, while always putting their customers first. They have asked Cameron Lappin of Lock Search Group to assist in their search to find a highly dedicated and proven Branch Manager to lead a large-scale branch operation for their Vancouver operation.
As the Branch Manager, you will develop and lead both sales and operations team members within a strategic business unit. You will directly manage your own sales and operations plan and maintain direct contact with the market. You will be responsible for hiring, training, and developing employees to create a high performing team, while developing, and implementing appropriate strategies to improve productivity, identifying new markets and increase market share profitably. Other key responsibilities include budget/expense control, inventory management, vendor relations, health and safety compliance, and the resolution of any customer concerns.
- Overall P&L responsibility and budget forecasting - understanding how the financials work and achieve sales, gross profit targets.
- Hiring, training and developing employees to create a high performing team.
- Developing and implementing appropriate strategies to improve productivity.
- Identifying new markets and increase market share.
- Direct experience with multi-department branch operations and warehousing…including inside sales, administration, warehousing and logistics.
- Build a strong service and delivery team through recruiting, coaching, training and mentoring.
- Ensure all operations are managed safely and in accordance with the company’s stated values.
- Develop and maintain a strong customer service focus to ensure customer satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Operations is preferred
- Previous experience leading a team within a fast-paced Wholesale Distribution ‘branch’ setting is strongly preferred.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Ability to strength existing operational procedures through continuous improvement initiatives and training.
- Create ‘Standard Operating Procedures’, and ensure implementation is completed effectively with full buy-in and collaboration.
- Past experience in technical outside sales, and business development is also an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capacity to lead by example, and physically support different departments in both sales and warehouse functions.
- Exceptional relationship building and leadership skills – ability to develop people professionally and personally.
- Analytical and critical thinker with the track record of multitasking
- Comfortable in an independent, decentralized work setting – excited about entrepreneurship, and building your own business.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Base Salary and Attractive Bonus Plan
- Vacation and Extended Benefits
- Car Allowance, and Technology (Cell Phone and Laptop)
- RRSP program
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial ‘leadership’ opportunity within a technical Wholesale Distribution segment, which fosters professional growth…along with significant financial upside for performance…apply for this position today!
Please submit your resume to Cameron Lappin, Senior Recruitment Consultant by using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!