Brewing Manager – Beverage Manufacturing
Our client, a prominent leader in the ‘Craft Brewing’ industry has experienced tremendous growth and is looking to continue their success’ by adding a new Brewing Manager to their Arizona operation. Cameron Lappin of Lock Search Group has been tasked to uncover a passionate professional, a beer connoisseur, who is looking to have a large impact in the creation and distribution of this sought-after brand and products. Reporting to the VP of Operations, this position will be a key member of the organization who will lead a team contribute to this companies existing award-winning products.
The Brewing Manager manages and leads the brewing operations at their facility. This role is accountable for the planning and execution of the brewhouse and cellar operations for all beverages. This includes but is not limited to the production scheduling, SOP creation and adherence, efficiency tracking and improvement, partnering with quality control team for quality improvement projects, partnering with Engineering with maintenance projects, as well, with supporting the procurement and warehousing departments.
- Participate in new product development; develops and updates recipes as necessary
- Walks on the brewery floor consistently, to ensure that standards are met, equipment issues are addressed, SOPs are adhered to, and to deliver mentorship to Brewer IIs.
- Participates in the sensory panel.
- Coaches and develops Brewer IIs in their skill, knowledge, character
- Monitors company communication channels and email regularly.
- Writes reports about Brewhouse and Cellar performance, as required.
- Performs all people process functions for Brewer IIs including, continued education, performance evaluations, discipline.
- Owns the adherence to OSHA and internal safety policies. Investigates and addresses reported and near miss safety concerns.
- Partners with Engineering to fix immediate equipment and facilities issues; develop preventative maintenance plans; onboard new brewhouse or cellar equipment; increase equipment efficiency and durability.
- Meets required beer demands for packaging schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and/or Brewing degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ of brewing experience with a brewery, or equivalent, with 2+ years in a managerial rol (Head Brewer, Supervisor, Brewing Manager are all relevant)
- Experience in a high-growth manufacturing facility preferred.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Can understand and interpret Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and handle chemicals in a safe manner
- Lift up to 65lbs independently from floor, at waist level, and above waist
If the opportunity to join an employee-centric, unwavering mature operation in the food and beverage manufacturing sector, is of interest to you, please reply in confidence. Please also note, this leadership role comes with a competitive income package, ongoing training and education support, as well internal career growth prospects.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!