Our client is a logistics and transportation company of international and domestic freight, with operations in Europe, Asia, North and South America. They are seeking a highly motivated and persuasive Business Development Manager with deep experience in the logistics industry to join their fast-growing business division in Montreal.
Within a defined target market, the Business Development Manager is responsible for leading the end-to-end sales cycle, leveraging the company’s solutions and services, to meet or exceed Performance objectives. The ideal candidate enjoys hunting and acquiring new customer business, in addition to managing an existing client base. Your overall success in both areas will result in a healthy growing portfolio of clients and maximization of your earning potential in the position.
If this role sounds appealing to you, please review detailed responsibilities, requirements, and guidance on how to apply to this role below.
- Maintains customer prospect profile and sales activities in CRM.
- Maintains and develop relationships with leads, prospects, and existing customers via but not limited to meetings, site visits, telephone calls, and emails.
- Prepares customer proposals (solutions and services) in consultation with the COO.
- Takes initiative in customer satisfaction via process improvement plans, efficient reporting, and flow of information.
- Reports to COO monthly on customer relationships, pipeline, forecasts, and new prospects.
- Takes ownership of the identification of potential issues within live accounts and coordinates with operations to take timely and effective action to resolve them – account management.
- Participates in marketing programs and events.
- Drives adoption of company’s products and services within assigned dormant accounts.
- Act as the go-to-person for account support and training on all the company’s products.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in Sales/Business development.
- University degree, or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
- Logistics industry sales experience – specifically:
- Retail warehousing and distribution – freight forwarding experience a must
- International and domestic freight – ocean, air and land experience ideal
- Priority freight
- High risk/high-value cargo - an asset.
- Working knowledge of operations and transportation management.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Project management skills - an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Strong team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Availability for travel.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your resume to Pierre Lussier at email@example.com
making sure to include “Business Development Manager position” as the subject of your application.
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.