Business Development Manager - Logistics
Our client is a logistics and transportation company of international and domestic freight, with operations in Europe, Asia, North and South America. They are seeking a highly motivated and persuasive Business Development Manager with deep experience in the logistics industry to join their fast-growing business division in Richmond BC.
Within a defined target market, the Business Development Manager is responsible for leading the end-to-end sales cycle, leveraging the company’s solutions and services, to meet or exceed Performance objectives. The ideal candidate enjoys hunting and acquiring new customer business, in addition to managing an existing client base. Your overall success in both areas will result in a healthy growing portfolio of clients and maximization of your earning potential in the position.
- Prepare proposals and consult with COO on solutions
- Maintenance of customer prospect profiles
- Report to COO on pipeline, forecasts, customer relationships, and new prospects monthly
- Ensure customer satisfaction through process improvement plans and efficient reporting
- Provide outstanding customer service and account relationship development
- Set up appointments for joint sales calls with COO on solutions
- Maintain and develop relationships with prospects, leads and existing customers
- Go-to person for account support and training
- Travel required
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and business development
- University degree or a combination of equivalent education and workplace experience
- Financial and business awareness
- Project management skills are an asset
- Planning and resource allocation skills
- Team leadership, collaboration, and team building abilities
- Knowledge of operations and transportation management
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading company, please apply in confidence by directly emailing your resume to Trevor Martin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!