Business Systems Analyst
Our industry leading client is a national wholesale distributor of equipment, and products that service the residential, commercial, and mechanical sectors. With a history of strategic growth and strong leadership, this high-profile distributor is looking to add a Business Systems Analyst role to their Edmonton Office. The main goal of this role is to implement and improve IT functions while acting as a link between Operations and IT Team members. Reporting to the IT Manager, the Business Systems Analyst will assist in the implementation and ongoing development of the ERP system along with other duties. This role will have to work in the Edmonton Based Office, relocations will be supported.
- Coordinate project timelines, milestones, and deliverables
- Implement new modules or processes within the VAI System 2000 (S2K) Enterprise
- Analyze issues through testing and/or data analysis techniques using SQL and debugging techniques within RPG
- Provide functional unit testing on modifications within the VAI S2K ERP system and other systems as required
- Modify or enhance programs residing within IBM I using RPG programming language or indirectly by collaborating with other IT development resources
- Create technical design documents to communicate requirements to IT department and other Business Units
- Conduct direct user acceptance testing (UAT) with users
- Work directly with stakeholders to elicit requirements by utilizing interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for IT staff members to act as an SME on VAI S2K requirements
- Provide training sessions to users regarding IT initiatives; as well as provide mentorship to IT staff members
- Act as an SME for modules within VAI System 2000 (S2K) and/or Kronos Time and Attendance applications as well as other applications as deemed fit by management.
- Assist with end of day, end of month and end of year activities; as well as coordinate annual inventory count processes
- Manage daily, monthly, full system save, and yearly backups on IBM I; as well as perform backups on a rotational schedule
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as Business System Analyst
- This role will have to work in the Edmonton Based Office
- Previous experience dealing with IBM 1 and or AS400
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Knowledge of ERP development with Manufacturing implementations and/or VAI S2K - asset
- Understanding of Kronos time and attendance – asset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong programming background in COBOL, JAVA, SQL, C++ or C
- Prior experience or knowledge of any programming language on IBM I - asset
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Highly organized with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Offers & Benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious, growing team that is driven to continuously improve in a competitive landscape
- An attractive compensation package, including salary, performance incentives and strong benefits, including, Extended Medical/Dental,
- Opportunities for personal and professional development is massive within this company
Apply today in confidence by directly emailing your resume to Jay Pinniger (Recruitment Consultant), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!