Our client, a Canadian leading provider in the telecom industry, specialized in precise position measurement for cellular antenna installation, optical laser measurements, etc., is looking for an entrepreneurial Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – telecommunications, for their Bolton-based company. The future CEO, who will report directly to the parent company in US, an international award-winning and innovative tools manufacturer, with a history of over 80 years, will develop and execute division growth strategies, working closely with the CTO. This is a key role within the company, responsible for optimizing division growth and value through global sales and marketing, competitive strategy, product portfolio management and other initiatives. A seasoned technology sales and business development background is essential for this role to drive topline revenue growth as the subsidiary business leader with full P&L responsibility.
The successful candidate is entrepreneurial and is able to think on their feet. They must have strong industry knowledge to allow them to capture growth while staying efficient. The role will include a hands-on approach to leadership. This is the perfect role for an assertive and seasoned telecom or wireless product professional, desiring to advance their career into a broader corporate leadership role while continuing to leverage their sales skills.
Candidates will drive growth through hands-on account wins, followed by further investments to support growth momentum. The business consists of engineering, business, and operations staff, further supported by the parent organization which includes global sales, channel management, marketing, operations, engineering, IT, and finance functions with opportunities to leverage synergies with other company business units worldwide.
- Develop, execute and adapt business strategies for accelerated earnings growth.
- Directly pursue and capture large strategic accounts and build sales momentum.
- Collaborate on the product portfolio and roadmap with the local CTO and parent company marketing, product, and engineering teams.
- Drive marketing campaigns to achieve market recognition and sales with the parent company marketing team.
- Represent the business at trade shows, conferences, and speaking opportunities.
- Develop effective channel strategies in collaboration with global channel management.
- Determine appropriate product pricing with effective competitive and market intelligence.
- Lead Division staff day-to-day to assure focus, cohesion, motivation, and performance.
- Identify & pursue operational improvements, quality enhancements.
- Communicate strategies, plans, and needed actions effectively across the global organization, to assure alignment and goal achievement.
- Develop synergies with other company products and resources benefiting the entire business, including bundled sales to key accounts.
- Meet or exceed financial targets and operating KPIs for the business.
- Lead, develop, motivate and retain staff to build the business.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews and budgets.
- Travel as required to support the growth strategy and budgets.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with telecom equipment markets.
- Experience with cellular antenna systems or wireless towers desirable.
- Knowledge of other RF test equipment markets- an asset.
- Knowledge of optical networking and photonics- an asset.
- Prior success in equipment sales to large accounts.
- An active network of industry contacts among wireless telecom operators and cellular installation contractors – an asset.
- Successful large account and relationship development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to guide new product roadmap strategies.
- A proven ability to analyze, plan and execute new product strategies to grow revenues and profits.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and business systems (ERP/CRM/Etc).
- Ability to manage in a matrix organization.
- A broader business background (on the job or BBA/MBA degree)- a great asset.
If you are up to the challenge and feel that you have what it takes for this key role, apply today in confidence by sending your resume to Minna Johl at email@example.com
, making sure to include “CEO – telecommunications
” as your email subject.
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.