Civil Engineer – Wood Products
Our industry leading client is a North American manufacturer and distributor of products that service the residential, commercial, and mechanical sectors. We are seeking a talented Civil Engineer with expertise in wood structures to join a growing organization. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, analyzing, and managing projects related to the construction of wooden buildings and structures. If you are passionate about wood structures and have a proven track record of designing and managing successful projects, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Strategically evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
- Provide assistance in resolving identified issues to prevent or mitigate loss of schedule and budget
- Provide job updates and status reports to management
- Interpret, review, and approve survey and civil design work
- Create conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs
- Attend site inspections and investigations
- Lead structural engineering development on residential and commercial projects
- Designing and analyzing wooden buildings and structures, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and regulations.
- Collaborating with architects, contractors, and other stakeholders to develop project plans and specifications.
- Managing and overseeing construction projects, ensuring that they are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Conducting site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering or a related field
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA
- Solid understanding of the civil design codes and standards
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings
- Experience preparing technical reports
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
We offer competitive salary packages, a comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic work environment where you can grow and develop your skills. To apply directly please send your resume to Jay Pinniger (Recruitment Consultant) at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!