Construction Accounting Manager – Project Accounting
Our client is an innovative, well-respected construction and development company based in the Tri-Cities market in British Columbia. Lock Search Group’s, Cameron Lappin has been retained to assist in their search for a Construction Accounting Manager to lead their accounting team. The Construction Accounting Manager will exhibit strong technical accounting proficiency and analytical acumen from within the construction project sector. Combining thorough attention to detail with disciplined prioritization the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to employ critical thinking & creativity to solve problems and enhance internal processes.
In this role, you'll lead month-end accounting tasks, ensuring accurate journal entries and account reconciliations. You'll offer support for special projects, enhance internal controls, and implement process improvements. Managing the accounting team, you'll oversee audits, tax compliance, and financial statement compilation. Additionally, you'll provide insightful financial analysis, develop budgets, and recommend performance metrics for informed decision-making and operational excellence.
- Directing month-end accounting tasks through thorough review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Providing support for special projects/initiatives and offering ad-hoc reporting/analysis as requested by leadership
- Managing internal controls, proposing enhancements for sustained financial data integrity, and implementing process improvements for day-to-day accounting, month-end closure, and reconciliations.
- Managing and supporting the Finance team across Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll, and Bookkeeper to achieve accurate and timely deliverables.
- Overseeing annual assurance audits, tax compliance, and treasury practices to ensure credit facility adherence and optimized cash management.
- Compiling and evaluating monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for multiple projects.
- Collecting, analyzing, investigating, and reporting financial data to aid stakeholder decision-making.
- Developing budgets, presenting monthly variance analysis and forecasts.
- Keeping the organization informed about current trends and opportunities.
- Recommending benchmark metrics for measuring company performance.
- 3-5 years of experience in construction/project accounting is essential
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Business, or Accounting
- CPA designation is a must
- Direct experience and knowledge in the construction/development industry required
- Analytical thinker and ability to readily grasp new concepts and adapt to a fast paced, everchanging environment
- Problem-solver with a flare for innovation
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Office Suite
- Detail-oriented and a strong communicator
If you’re an Accounting professional with a direct background in Construction and/or Property Development this could be a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team. This position also offers an opportunity to senior accounting leadership if that is a path you are seeking. To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by using the “Apply Now” button.
Follow us on LinkedIn!