The Digital Site Lead is responsible for management day-to-day activities and operation of the business. The Digital Site Lead reports directly to the General Manager and will be assisting the company in its mission to change the future of medicine and create a new era in advance biopharmaceutical manufacturing. The person for this position requires prior experience with supporting the digitization of biopharmaceutical technical operations, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and can step up and lead in the face of ambiguity.
- Lead teams that are responsible for IT infrastructure, applications, service delivery and develop on initiatives towards continuous improvement.
- Serve on the senior leadership team of the sites while reporting to the General Manager.
- Lead major capital projects and other initiatives from inception through delivery.
- Initiatives to lead include cloud migration, qualification and validation of GxP systems, and adoption of the company Digital Platform that bring never-before-seen digital capabilities to the industry.
- Build and manage a local team that covers network engineering, systems engineering, end user support and ongoing management and upgrades of laboratory, and quality and manufacturing systems.
- Act as the voice of the customer, to accelerate the maturations of the site’s capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 15+ years of experience in manufacturing operational technology (OT) and information technology (IT) environments, implementing and supporting Part 11 compliant systems and processes in biopharma
- Lean or Six Sigma experience including process mapping and process re-design
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing technologies and systems at all levels of the ISA95 stack relevant to process automation and manufacturing (e.g., PLCs, PCS/DCS, SCADA, MES, ERP)
- Experience with requirements and constraints of regulated environments including 21 CFR 11, cGMP, and GAMP.
- Experience with managing digital teams in a high velocity environment
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and bonus, benefits like dental care, extended health care, RRSP match and more, with exceptional opportunities for learning and growth. Applications from people with disabilities are welcomed, accommodation during parts of the selection process are available on request.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.