Our client is a national industry leading player within the construction segment. This unique construction company has engaged Charles Warren of the Lock Search Group to partner with them on key strategic search for a Director of Business Development to build, manage and expand an imperative company growth initiative.
This is a newly created opportunity will be responsible for the development, leadership, and management of their Indigenous Housing Development Program.
As Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for targeting and cultivating impactful relationships nationally to develop our clients’ Indigenous partnership housing program. This role will require travel all across the province, and strategic travel across the country. If you are a customer-centric leader, with a trusted track record of success working, supporting, and partnering with Indigenous communities, government entities, community leaders and influencers, as well, communicating and collaborating with internal stakeholders, this could be a dream opportunity.
- Develop programs including overseeing the creation of purpose designed home models, marketing material, and project contracts that meet the needs of both Indigenous Bands, financial/lending institutions and our client.
- Communicate and discover housing needs for different Indigenous Bands across Canada
- Communicate our clients value in addressing affordable housing to governmental institutions like Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Work alongside each Indigenous Leadership and Housing/Development Council to develop project specific plans to address housing needs
- Identify the Indigenous Bands in the regions that our client is able to currently able to service
- Identify project opportunities in geographies where our client should develop construction capabilities
- Communicate our clients values and process to Indigenous Bands and financial/lending institutions
- Lead community engagement sessions to ensure the individuals within each Indigenous band are consulted throughout each project
- Identify opportunities to employ and training band members during the construction process
- Communicate and train engagement best practices to Construction Project Managers and project trades
- Deep understanding of the housing needs of Indigenous Communities across Canada
- Strong knowledge and experience with the structure and capital allocation process for the National Housing Strategy (NHS) and Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Familiarity and experience with cultural customs and expectations of Indigenous Bands in business dealings
- Meaningful relationships with decision-makers in many Indigenous Bands across the country, as well in governmental housing institutions
- A trusted reputation within multiple indigenous communities is mandatory
- Proven experience and skillset in account management and multiple stakeholder communication
- Direct experience in developing a corporate ‘Indigenous Program’ is highly preferred
- Post-Secondary education is requested and will be favoured in the selection process
- Must have a valid drivers license, with the ability to travel across Canada, and abroad
High Level Compensation Details & Additional Benefits:
- This role will come with an attractive compensation package, including a strong salary, performance incentives, extended benefits, including extended medical and dental; in addition, a car allowance program
- Ability to work remotely within a flexible, employee-valued environment
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious, growth-oriented team, that is driven to continuously improve and collaborate.
If you’re an experienced Sales Manager with Indigenous Relations, please apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.