Our client is an industry leader in their segment within the construction industry with presence across Canada, and now into the United States. This unique ON-based construction player has engaged Charles Warren of the Lock Search Group to partner with them in their search for a Director of Construction to join their growing team in the southern Ontario region. The incumbent will be responsible for the development, leadership, and management of a construction service division overseeing multiple projects throughout the ON market.
As the Director of Construction, you will be responsible for managing projects, cost control, and financial ownership of the region; as well as, managing communication with the leadership team, supplier relationships, and subcontractor coordination. This role will require some travel across the province, including Muskoka, Kawarthas, Georgian Bay, Haliburton, Huntsville, Parry Sound & Prince Edward County. If you are a customer-centric leader with a track record of success within the construction industry, this could be the dream opportunity. This position also comes with significant growth to General Management opportunities, as well the ability to work remote (must be based in Ontario).
You will also be responsible for:
- Hiring, training and developing Project Managers to create a high performing team
- Developing and implementing appropriate strategies to improve productivity and process efficiencies
- General review of all construction methods and materials and how they relate to building performance, job budget and job schedule
- Liaison with team, clients, subtrades and suppliers for scheduling, coordination, and pricing
- Sourcing, reviewing and selecting trades at both tier 1 and tier 2 levels – this also includes the ongoing management and performance review of you trades partners
- Coordination and communication on order details and project requirements
- Manage closeout of projects, ensuring completion of all deficiencies and resolution of any outstanding construction or client issues
- Market Intelligence and Competition: Be very close to the markets to analyze and recommend ongoing course of action to maximize focus and results
- Providing market leading and world class customer service and satisfaction
- Post-secondary education in business, construction, or project management
- 10+ years’ experience within the construction sector, preferably with previous experience from the residential home-building sector, however transferable knowledge within the commercial, institutional spaces is also of interest
- Proven capacity of project management
- Leadership capabilities, and past experience and success
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines
- Knowledge with respect to residential (home building) construction is a must
- Important to have a local trade network (worked with in the past)
- ON based pricing knowledge, as well competitive market intel within the construction industry (residential preferred)
- History of working with Construction Management Software (eg. BuilderTrend, Procore, etc)
- Comfortable utilizing MS Office and Excel
- Ability to travel within Ontario, and into the United States (must have a valid passport)
Offer Details & Additional Benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including a strong salary, performance incentives and solid benefits, including, extended medical and dental, and company vehicle or car allowance (whatever is preferred, along with a gas card)
- Ability to work remotely within a flexible, employee-valued environment
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious, growth-oriented team that is driven to continuously improve and collaborate. This position also comes with autonomy
- Ability to build your own team, systems, and successes
If you’re an experienced Construction Manager, please apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button. Lock Search Group Sr. Consultant, Charles Warren is looking forward to working with all qualified candidates.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.