Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of medical devices, targeted to help those that struggle with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). They are looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing, Canada to join their superb team in Toronto, ON.
This is a full time, permanent position, that will be reporting to Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing North America.
- In conjunction with the Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing North America, reviews and provides input to the global strategic plan.
- Review/change data assumptions for Canada to reflect the North American management team’s view of the OSA market.
- In conjunction with the Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing North America and consistent with the company’s global marketing strategy, develop and implement the Canadian regional sales & marketing plan and budget.
- Champion this plan and budget through the budget review process and align with North American strategic plan. Implement Canadian regional sales & marketing plan within agreed timelines.
- Maintain positive and proactive partnership with US commercial teams to leverage available sales, marketing, and operational resources.
- Implement Canadian positioning and pricing strategy for the portfolio including determining the range of products sold, relative pricing of each product and product launches/deletions
- Work with the US Commercial team to develop and execute sales and product promotion programs for Dentists and Sleep Physicians that may include new product launches, promotional offers and/or educational materials.
- Prepare and execute launch plans in order to launch new products effectively in Canada.
- Define development priorities in terms of products, systems and services.
- Encourage innovative approaches to anchor brand and channel strategies; provide market feedback to product developers and launch new products.
- Contribute to the identification of new partnerships
- In collaboration with the US Director of Market Development, lead the development of new business models that will facilitate frictionless OAT (Oral Appliance Treatment) patient treatment pathways.
- Build and develop field sales structure and talent to execute on identified opportunities to grow the OAT market through the Medical Initiative and protect and grow competitive OAT market share.
- In collaboration with Canadian operations team, leverage North American and global resources to champion best practices to achieve customer delight, retention, and loyalty.
- Supporting prescribers with clinical evidence through published studies.
- Work closely with clinical trial investigators and KOLs in Canada in alignment with overall clinical strategy of company’s Global Director of Clinical Affairs.
- Support global product training programs and provide OSA therapy (medical and dental) and product training to sales and customer service teams.
- Organize and execute company’s Physician/Dentist training programs in Canada.
- Complete market research in timely and cost-effective manner to understand barriers to COAT adoption and the patient journey through OSA diagnosis and treatment.
- Analyze competitors and ensure competitive strategies are in place for new and existing products
- Monitor market trends and advise on consumer perspectives, potential opportunities or threats.
- Continually monitor the activities of company’s competitors in the US and develop strategies to address their marketing campaigns.
- Circulate this information via monthly reports and by amending the strategic plan.
- Share and encourage adoption of best practice marketing activities with U.S. and globally.
- 7+ years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility with at least three in a similar domain across Canada (Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), respiratory, or similar sector experience preferred).
- Exceptional commercial leader.
- Familiarity with QA/RA boundaries of the medical device industry and experience with promotion and direct sales of medical devices to clinical audiences including physicians.
- Highly organized, with project management strengths and an inherent curiosity to understand the big picture.
- Strong communication skills with leadership capabilities to elicit a “following” by diverse functional areas and personalities is a must.
- Able to lead initiatives with energy and enthusiasm and will have expertise in market and sales analysis processes and systems including CRM and other software tools.
- Keen business acumen, well-rounded leadership, sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a sleeves-rolled, hands-on approach to getting things done.
To apply, please submit your resume using the Apply Now button.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only the candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.