In the dynamic world of 3rd party logistics serving the healthcare and consumer goods industries, an exceptional opportunity awaits! Our client is on the lookout for a skilled Distribution Manager who will be instrumental in driving operational excellence and delivering unparalleled client service. As a leader in this field, they take immense pride in crafting tailored solution protocols within their systems to cater to the unique needs of their esteemed client partners in the healthcare sector.
Location: Vaughan, ON
As the Distribution Manager, you will be at the forefront of warehouse operations, spearheading a team and ensuring seamless efficiency throughout. Your expertise will be crucial in evaluating and optimizing workflows, strategically allocating resources, devising innovative equipment layouts, and developing action plans that surpass company benchmarks for productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the overall planning, organizing, and operations of the Distribution Centre.
- Balance workloads as needed to achieve productivity and delivery goals for all shifts.
- Build, lead and develop a strong performing and engaged team.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of client inventory.
- Utilize software systems, data and analytics to optimize operations, track productivity, and anticipate and resolve problems.
- Provide the necessary equipment, tools and training to staff to ensure safe, secure, and efficient operations.
- Comply with all SOP’s, ensuring staff is trained and follow procedures.
- Comply with all Health & Safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitor department performance, set associate objectives and conduct regular employee performance appraisals.
- Maintain payroll for direct and indirect reports.
- Manage local vendors and related work performed.
- Manage department projects. Ensure milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- Prepare department budget and business cases for expenditures.
- Monitor and meet assigned KPI.
- Meet and interact with client contacts to review project objectives, issues, and KPI.
- Collaborate in strategic and long-term business planning with senior management.
- Liaise with Business Development and I.T. teams on new client set-ups and implementations.
- On call as needed 24/7 for emergencies.
The experience you bring:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Management or Supply Chain preferred
- 5 years of related management experience
- Proficient in overseeing the handling of controlled items, including perishable, restricted, regulated, and hazardous goods
- 3PL experience preferred
- Experience in a Unionized environment preferred
If you check all the boxes, please apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.