Estimator - HVAC
Greater Vancouver, BC
Our industry leading client is a national wholesale distributor of equipment, and products that service the residential, commercial, and mechanical sectors. With a history of strategic growth and strong leadership, this high-profile distributor is looking to add a HVAC Estimator to further support their continued growth within their well-established customer base.
As the Estimator, you are responsible for bidding, closing, and negotiating project work. You have direct estimating experience in the industrial, commercial and institutional fields. You have great computer skills, having used estimation software. With your interpersonal manner, you build relationships with vendors, clients, and the rest of the team.
- Prepares HVAC cost estimates on proposals, bid packages, and projects while ensuring that the content of the estimate is accurate and meets the requirements of the estimate or project plan
- Ensures bid write-ups are clear and concise through the planning, coordination, review, verification, and analysis of all aspects of estimates and estimate presentation
- Plan all projects with expectations for the efficient use of personnel, equipment, materials within contract requirements, time guidelines and other restrictions
- Provides guidance and feedback for functional groups on their estimating related requirements
- Coordinates and reviews the variable estimating factors in each area with Engineering & Design, Operations, and Procurement.
- Maintains familiarity with estimating and cost engineering developments and activities within the industry
- Interfaces and communicates effectively with the sales team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts
- At least 4 years industrial estimating experience from HVAC, VRF or Refrigeration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to evaluate proposals, manage multiple priorities and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Project management, along with experience in running commercial HVAC jobs would be an asset
- Must be proficient with MS Office, especially MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge and ability to read technical drawings
- Site-based experience is an asset, or experience from wholesale and/or from the contractor side
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading company, providing full training, along with a salary, monthly and quarterly bonus programs; and most importantly, significant opportunity for internal career growth to leadership positions, is of interest to you, please apply in confidence.
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!