Global Head of IT – Biotechnology and Drug Discovery
Our client is seeking an experienced Head of IT to lead and manage their Global IT team and provide strategic guidance to meet their business needs. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing complex IT functions in a rapidly growing business environment within the drug discovery sector here in Vancouver, BC.
- Develop and deliver IT strategy and roadmap to meet business needs.
- Manage IT team performance, including outsourced vendors.
- Ensure IT customer satisfaction.
- Manage budget and financials.
- Serve as IT business partner.
What you will be doing
- Manage large, complex IT functions.
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategic plans, project management, and process transformation.
- Knowledge of instructional technologies, administrative systems, cyber security, networking, servers, web technologies, telecommunications, research computing, and user support services.
- Innovative, analytical, and creative in problem-solving and implementing solutions.
- Lead and manage organizations with complex IT environments.
- Work effectively at all levels and with diverse stakeholders.
- Manage contract IT service delivery organizations and SaaS vendors.
- Ensure adherence to SLAs by IT service delivery teams.
- Responsible for development and periodic testing of the technical disaster recovery plan.
- Manage life cycle of IT infrastructure required for business operations.
- Develop and sponsor annual capital projects for equipment requiring upgrades.
The experience you bring:
- 20+ years of progressive IT experience, majority of which should be in pharma/biotech.
- BS or BA in a computer-related subject.
- SAP S4 + MSFT technology background, including MSFT Project.
- Experience in budgeting, fiscal management, and vendor management.
- Experience working in pharma/biotech manufacturing is preferred.
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel.
Skills and abilities
- Proven track record as an IT department leader with a collaborative leadership style.
- Pharma + SAP background.
- Proven track record delivering SAP S4 Finance, Procurement, and HR functionality.
- Experience managing outsourced operations/collaborative integration with outsourced IT providers.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.