Lock Search Group is proud to partner with a privately-owned, market-leading, global industrial manufacturing client to lead their search for an experienced Global Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, our client operates 9 manufacturing facilities, across 4 continents, employing more than 1200 dedicated team members. Their commitment to innovation, entrepreneurialism and teamwork is unparalleled, and drives their world-class/customer centric design, engineering, and manufacturing capabilities. As a result, they are perceived by their global customer base as the #1 leading brand for intelligent fluid-flow equipment.
Reporting to the Global Director of Operations and Supply Chain, the successful candidate will lead a team of up to 5 direct reports with a global scope of responsibility across their entire manufacturing footprint. If you are a seasoned Manufacturing Engineer, with a proven track record of success implementing manufacturing process improvements involving robotics and automation solutions across a multi-site manufacturing operation, you have the potential to thrive in this position, and we want to hear from you. Please continue reviewing the responsibilities and requirements below and contact us to express you interest.
What you will be doing:
- Focus on areas of process automation globally, operator efficiencies, robotic welding and assembly, digital tracing and maintenance systems and PM’s, to ensure capacity utilization and process optimization
- Act as the catalyst and driver and catalyst for continuous improvement
- Responsible for successful New Product transition from design to Manufacturing
- Partner with the Engineering and Value stream team during the design stages of a new product and conduct DFx reviews and provide recommendations to the design teams
- Responsible for the effectiveness of all global test rigs (hardware, firmware, and software)
- Lead and ensure the global alignment amongst different Manufacturing Engineering teams at each facility
- Develop best practices, streamline processes and product variation while also benefits overall cost and lead times
- Lead development of new processes and manufacturing methods, with clear focus capacity improvements, and increasing efficiency
- Optimize plant layout and, material flow
- Management of Job Knowledge Requirements program, time-studies, routing, and maintain work instruction updates
- Engage both directly reporting teams and matrix reporting teams on projects and increase collaboration and effectiveness
- Lead all aspects of annual capex (plan/spec, source, vendor negotiations, project management, installation/commissioning)
- Waste Elimination champion, consolidating all plants ideas, costing, tracking, implementation
The experience you bring:
- Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of working experience working with engineering, manufacturing, and distribution operations in an industrial environment
- Strong domain knowledge and demonstrated experience in industrial automation in a configured to order manufacturing environment.
- Strong lean manufacturing experience, demonstrated through implementing successful projects that impact SQDIC (safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Continuous Improvement principles, general practices,
- Superior Manufacturing Engineering Process Development and implementation experience in a global environment
- 5 years Machine shop experience, specifically in CNC machining and optimization
If you have the skills and experience required to succeed in this role, please express your interest by using the “Apply Now” button. Lock Search Group Sr. Consultant, Charles Warren is looking forward to working with all qualified candidates.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.