Human Resources Manager – Western Canada
Our client is a national ‘Wholesale Distribution’ leader with a track record of profitable success, market growth and business innovation across the country. This well-respected organization is looking for a dynamic professional to support their team, and historic growth as the Human Resources Manager for Western Canada. As a Human Resources Manager, you will be for capturing the full scope of HR responsibilities, including leading the selection process, onboarding and developing training programs, career development and succession planning, change management, policy creation, and corporate alignment strategy.
The Human Resources Manager needs to be integrated within the culture, leadership, and branch personnel across Western Canada. In this key role, you’ll also need to be self-motivated, innovative and have a passion for team. You will be wearing many hats. You could be leading a strategic planning session in the morning with executive leaders, and then conducting manager training programs in the afternoon. Your previous experience as an HR Generalist in a multi-location setting, and your passion for supporting employees to achieve their performance goals, will be essential.
- Create, update, and provide recommendations for all HR policies, processes, and procedures
- Develop policy recommendations based on knowledge of legislation and company requirements (non-union setting)
- Coach management on above HR policies and provide direction on required changes
- Provide employee counseling and resolution where there are employee relation issues and manage disciplinary actions where necessary
- Organize training sessions, seminars, skills development, re-training and upgrading for employees & Managers
- Handle all resignations, terminations, and exit interviews professionally and respectfully
- Focus on recruitment as well, familiar dealing with Recruitment Firms (Agencies) used for staffing to support employment goals
- Collaborating with Hiring Managers to aid the selection process and onboarding process
- Work ‘hand-in-hand’ with executive strategic leaders in western Canada on both short-term and long-term initiatives that will shape the growth and scaling of western Provinces.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resource Management – great opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist looking to grow their career to the next level, or an existing Human Resources Manager looking to expand their scope and responsibility across multiple Provinces
- Previous HR leadership experience working in Wholesale Distribution, or a multisite branch setting, is extremely important
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources is mandatory – preferably a degree or Masters level
- Transferable post-secondary in Business will also be of interest
- Significant success with building teams through building effective selection process systems and structures.
- Previous experience building out an onboarding programs for new hires will be an asset
- Passion for facilitating training sessions and employee skill development
- Ability to lead, collaborate and build strong relationships across the organization with multiple layers of personnel
- Experience working with Federal & Provincial Employment Guidelines
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office 365 (including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel across Western Canada (approximately 10-15% a month)
This position comes with a competitive salary, annual bonus/incentive plan, vacation package, extended medical/dental, as well retirement savings benefits. Though this Human Resource Manager opportunity is not a home-based role, it does come with flexibility to work remotely.
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.