Inside Sales and Buyer Associate – Wholesale Distribution
Our industry leading client is a national wholesale distributor of equipment, and products that service the residential, commercial, and mechanical sectors. With a history of strategic growth and strong leadership, this high-profile distributor is looking to add to their team in the Fraser Valley region to further support their growth and well-established customer base. They are motivated to add a Inside Sales and Buyer Associate to take on ‘Inside Sales, Purchasing and Operations’ responsibilities.
We are searching for individuals who demonstrate initiative and leadership, enjoy the challenge of solving problems and can work within a customer-focused setting in an industrial and construction focused environment. PLEASE NOTE: this position has a direct pathway and career plan to Branch Leadership, and team management. Great opportunity for a team player who lives in the Chilliwack surrounding area and is motivated to work closer to home…and avoid that long commute.
We are looking for a juggler – someone who can prioritize their day and handle multiple tasks at once. This will be a critical element to your success in this role as you will juggle several different tasks on a daily basis. Daily tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Placing purchase orders to ensure customers order requirements are met and manage stock inventory levels within approved guidelines
- Purchasing materials for inventory and non-stock items for both customer orders and branches
- Communicating with vendors to ensure orders have been received
- Monitoring price increases/vendor quotes and communicating changes to internal departments
- Resolving any errors on purchase orders as necessary
- Reviewing buy quantities and trends to align with seasonality and cycles
- Providing exemplary customer service and customer attention to both new and existing customers at the counter, over the phone and via email.
- Proactively building relationships with active customers, while working on developing sales leads
- Receiving incoming calls, processing orders, and actively up-selling and cross-selling
- Updating the internal system - entering data to track pricing quotes and account information
- Providing technical support and responding to customer inquiries
- Cash handling and order transfers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post Secondary education in Sales, Business or Marketing is an asset
- Previous experience and a track record of success in inside sales/counter sales, as well, buying/purchasing experience
- Direct experience in Wholesale Distribution is optimal
- Mechanically inclined and mechanical aptitude is a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel
- Product knowledge or industry experience is preferred in HVAC, and/or Mechanical
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading company, providing full training, along with a salary, monthly and quarterly bonus programs; and most importantly, significant opportunity for internal career growth to leadership positions is of interest to you, please apply in confidence.
Apply today in confidence by directly emailing your resume to Cameron Lappin at: email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!